Grade 7: Brown Belt
Grade 7 Introduction video here
What's in Grade 7
Scales and arpeggios may be selected by the examiner in ANY key (except where indicated). Candidates will not be asked to play in inaccessible fingerboard positions.
- 1 octave Pentatonic Major scale in 5 different fingerboard positions.
- 2 octave Dorian modal scale and Mixolydian modal scale, both in 2 different fingerboard positions.
- 2 octave Phrygian modal scale and Lydian modal scale.
- In 8ths: 1 octave Natural Minor scale.
- 2 octave Whole-tone scale.
- 3 octave Pentatonic Minor scale and Blues scale in the keys of F to C inclusive.
- 1 octave Minor 7th and Dominant 7th arpeggios including or 5ths and/or or 9ths. h). All requirements from the previous grade.
- All Major and Minor chords using ‘non-root’ or altered bass notes.
- All Minor 7th and Dominant 7th chords using altered 5ths and/or altered 9ths.
- All requirements from the previous grade.